Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Mont Blanc Fukuoka - My Kinda Place ( Fukuoka Part 1)

If you remembered, I went on a trip to Fukuoka a few months back. Never got the chance to blog about it though so here I am now writing an entry about it :p

I loved Fukuoka. Lots of things to see, do, SHOP and of course EAT!!! I just wished that we had more time to explore Fukuoka though...maybe next time ^_^

On the first night that we were there, after having a great dinner at one of the best Ramen places I've ever been to (keep an eye out on my future entries, I'll definitely be posting an entry about this place. Ramen Lovers, you can not miss this post!! :p) we were just walking around Tenjin (the main area in Fukuoka, where all the shopping centers are *wink wink*) that we discovered this gem - Mont Blanc Fukuoka.

The entrance to Mont Blanc

Mont Blanc is a little bakery shop/cafe hidden in between a row of shops. I think it was next to KFC...Mont Blanc can easily be missed if not for it's bright little entrance. So make sure you keep an eye out when you're next in Tenjin for the MB insignia on the glass door for Mont Blanc.


Deb Deb getting excited looking at all the yummy goodies and having a dilemma because she doesn't know which one to choose!!! She actually secretly wishes that she could have a bite of each and every single one of those goodies :p

They have a great selection for you to choose from

There are tables and chairs and they serve hot and cold drinks too so you can eat-in or take your treat home ^_^ The seating area is really small with only 4-6 small tables and can get busy. Definitely not a place to go to with a big group of people. Groups of 4 are alright but anything more can get really crowded and you may not be able to find any tables or seats available.


Attention to detail: The ice cube is spherical ^_^

I really like the place though, small and cozy - a great place to just hide from all the hustle and bustle of the city life and just relax and chill with a nice hot cup of tea and a slice of cake/pastry ^_^

My tea set. You get a nice little set-up when you order tea

I don't really like drinking coffee but absolutely love tea. I definitely recommend ordering their tea. This tea was soooo good. Perhaps one of the best I've had. Been trying to look for the same brand but have not succeed. They sold boxes of the tea bags but I didn't buy any. I thought that I could find it at the store...regret now...

Reid ordered a coffee instead. He said it was good too

I like these brown sugar cubes too. Didn't know the brand. If not I'd definitely be buying it.

Reid's Banana Cheesecake
Sooooooooo goooooooooooood!!!

I settled for this Strawberry Cake ^_^

Mmmm...Oishii~~~~!!! \(^o^)/

We loved this place sooo much that we went back to Mont Blanc again the next night ^_^ I could go there all the time! Wished we had a Mont Blanc here in Okinawa!

This time I got the Roll cake - yummy yummy

Reid got the Mont Blanc (the store is named after this dessert so we had to try it. After all wouldn't that be their specialty? ^_^) It was pretty good.

Oh and Reid also ordered this. I don't remember what it was called. It doesn't look very appetizing but it's actually really really good!!! It's kinda like bread...it's served warm...I'm drooling just thinking about it. Yum yum ^_^

3 comments:

ChihChin :D said...

ahhhh i want some!!! send them to me!!! ahhh!!!

Deb said...

Ahhh..I wish I could!! :( they don't even have it here in Okinawa. Anyone out there if you are reading this and live in Fukuoka...please send me some Mont Blanc goodies!!! LOL

Oh and if they do send me some, I don't know if i wanna share them with you Chih...I want them for myself :p mwahaha...I'm greedy I know.. :p

Unknown said...

haha horrible friend.. its ok.. ill take them from you anyways! :D