Friday, July 24, 2009

Jakkepoes - A Pancake House in Yomitan

A little update:
Oh wow...I can't believe it's been a few months since I last updated my blog. I'm soooo...sorry for the delay. I've been so occupied with other things in my life but yeah I can't believe how fast time flies. I've been in Japan for over 6 months now...guess time flies when you're having a great time...

I also went on a vacation to Seattle for a 7 day Alaskan Cruise, got to explore several different ports in Alaska and even got to visit Victoria (British Colombia) then the final part of my vacation was spent in Hawaii. It was an awesome vacation!! One that I'll always cherish. It was my first time visiting the United States & Canada ^_^ I'm still debating if I want to blog about that vacation. Hmmm...we'll see how it goes *winks*

On with the post:
My friend Akane is so awesome. She's always taking me around Okinawa and helping me out when I don't know where to find certain things that I'm after. She's always recommending places that I can go to shop at that I can find the things I want or great places to go to eat. Without her, I would never have known of the many great places to eat at. Thank you so much Akane~~!!!

I've noticed that there are a lot of places to eat that are tucked away hidden amongst back roads and residential areas...places that you wouldn't think to find a restaurant/cafe hidden there. But it's usually in these areas that you'd find places that are more interesting and unique compared to the other more commercialized areas. Thanks to my friend Akane, I get to discover all these hidden treasures.

Last Monday she took me to this little place hidden amongst the residential buildings in Yomitan called Jakkepoes. It's just a little white single story building. Kinda like a house that's being converted into a restaurant/cafe

The big sign in the front so you won't miss it

If you love pancakes, you will love Jakkepoes as pancakes is all that they serve. They have several varieties of pancake dishes to choose from and serve both savory and sweet pancakes for those with a sweet-tooth *wink wink*

Inside Jakkepoes

The place is really small with just about 5 - 6 tables and can get busy even during weekdays usually around peak time (12-2pm). Apart from that, the great thing about Jakkepoes is that the pancakes are made fresh as you order. That is the reason why if it is busy, it may take sometime for the food to be served.

A sign reminding customers that it may take sometime for the pancakes to be served

But definitely worth the wait! Once you get a taste of these light fluffy pancakes, you'll know what I mean ^_~ They just melt in your mouth *drools*


Jakkepoes' Menu

And yeap they have an English menu so that's always helpful especially if you are like me, still unable/learning to read Japanese =^_^=

The ambiance of the place is simple, clean and pure ^_^ Well that's the feeling I get when I'm there.






And now what you've been waiting for...


Eye-candy of the yummy pancakes!! :p

..:: Chilibean Pancakes ::..
Chilibeans with sausage and shredded cheese and whipped butter. The chilibeans are sooo good... *drools*

..:: Berry Pancakes ::..
Mixed berries with whipped cream drizzled with chocolate sauce & sprinkled with icing sugar. Yummmmm~~~ ^_^

These were the two dishes that we got when Akane took me to Jakkepoes. We both couldn't decide whether we wanted something sweet or savory so in the end I suggested that we both ordered one dish each and then share so that we could both have some of each. It worked out PERFECT ^_^

I also ordered a hot chocolate. It wasn't that great though...it just wasn't thick enough for me...

We went there on a weekday during lunch time so it was pretty busy there was a constant flow of customers. I enjoyed the pancakes so much that I decided to take Reid to Jakkepoes during the weekend. This is what we ordered:

..:: Meat-lovers Pancakes ::..
Bacon, spam, sausages and eggs with whipped butter

..:: Meatball Pancakes ::..
Meatballs in white sauce with corn. Pancakes and whipped butter. This is real good too. The sauce is like a cross between corn chowder and white sauce ^_^

I was worried that it would be packed since it was the weekend but we went there around 2pm and it wasn't busy at all just us and another table. I guess it's because it wasn't peak lunch time anymore.

I'll definitely be frequenting this place a lot. There's still a lot more pancakes for me to try *wink* So if you are ever craving for pancakes definitely check out Jakkepoes for their homemade light fluffy pancakes! I definitely recommend them. All the pancakes that I've tried so far have been divine ^_^

For more information regarding opening times, how to get there and menu, check out their website.

No comments: